Information for Co-Agents or Subagents: Introduction
Intro for Co-Agents
This section for agents and subagents is also available for download as PDF. RD for Subagents_Manual
This page introduces Rightsdesk for Subagents/Co-Agents
Your client has invited you to join Rightsdesk. Why?
- Ease of use: Rightsdesk helps reduce the copy-paste factor in the flow of information.
- Efficiency: using a cloud-based platform to share books, catalog information and manuscripts lets agents spend less time on managing round-mails and copy-pasting information from one system into another one. Use your time to read, pitch, and sell.
- Reliability: the software was developed by rights professionals with decades of experience in selling rights. It supports the established sales process, it does not replace it.
- Security: cloud servers, based in Frankfurt, are subject to rigorous European data protection standards. Sharing copyrighted material and information via Rightsdesk is more secure than email.
- Cost efficiency: Rightsdesk is free for subagents and acquisition editors. Primary agencies and rights departments at publishing houses subscribe to paid plans based on usage. There is no commission, no hidden costs.
What is Rightsdesk for Co-Agents?
- Single source of truth: primary agents and publishers keep records. Information about their books and their translation rights are stored and managed in a system. The traditional way of sharing it with their co-agents: round mails, updates. A master copy gets multiplied by the number of co-agents. Why not keep the information, the updates and documents in only one place? Then, share them with those that need to see them, the co-agents. Who will then share them with the acquiring editors. One master copy. No more, "oops, I forgot the attachement" mails.
- Smart submission tool: keep track of submissions and let acquisition editors keep track of them, too.
- Easy Submit: submit to anyone by sharing catalog pages and manuscripts with acquisition editors.
- Update: whenever your client update their records with a new document, Rightsdesk alerts the acquisition editors considering the project from the co-agent.
Please be in touch with us for support. We are here to help.
Thank you for using Rightsdesk!