Heal Your Body from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and Chronic Environmental Illness
Millions of people are suffering from chronic illnesses that, unbeknownst to them, are the result of exposure to environmental toxins and infectious agents such as mold and Borrelia, which causes Lyme disease. The goal of this book is to shed light on these complex illnesses so that suffering patients and their families can get the help they so desperately need.
Toxic is a book of hope for these individuals, their loved ones, and the physicians who provide their care. Over many years of helping thousands of patients recover their health (even after their previous doctors had given up on them), Dr. Neil Nathan has come to understand some of the most common causes for these debilitating illnesses, which allows for the utilization of more precise and effective forms of treatment.
The goal of this book is to shed light on these complex illnesses so that suffering patients and their families can get the help they so desperately need. Inside, you will find:
- Information about how extreme sensitivity and toxicity develop in the body, how sensitivity and toxicity differ, and how they often overlap.
- Detailed descriptions of each of the five major causes of extreme sensitivity and toxicity: mold, Bartonella (a co-infection of Lyme disease), mast cell activation, porphyria, and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- An outline of the cell danger response, a revolutionary model developed by Dr. Robert Naviaux that explains how the body essentially gets "stuck" fighting a threat even after the danger has passed.
- A system-by-system plan for "rebooting" the body to break the cycle of illness and allow healing to begin.
- Information about coping with stress and embracing an emotional and/or spiritual awakening on the path to wellness.
Neil Nathan, MD, has been a Board Certified Family Physician who has been practicing medicine for 47 years. As he studied and learned a wide variety of alternative concepts, his practice gravitated into primarily helping to diagnose and treat those patients who have not been helped by conventional medicine. He wrote "On Hope and Healing: For Those Who Have Fallen Through The Medical Cracks" to educate both patients and physicians about how to accomplish this. This book represents the distillation of his work with thousands of patients with complex medical illnesses such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, mold toxicity, chronic Lyme disease, autism, and chronic pain. That book was updated in "Healing is Possible." He then wrote an e-book on the diagnosis and treatment of mold toxicity in "Mold and Mycotoxins" and his latest book, "Toxic: Heal Your Body from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and Chronic Enviornmental Illness" presents a new model for diagnosis and treatment that should bring hope and healing to millions of patients suffering with chronic illness that do not have the diagnosis and directions they need to be able to heal. Dr. Nathan hopes that it will provide a starting point for those who have been told by their physicians that "there is nothing more we can do," so that they can move forwards towards improved health.