Chemical Reaction Kinetics
Concepts, Methods and Case Studies
A practical approach to chemical reaction kinetics—from basic concepts to laboratory methods—featuring numerous real-world examples and case studies
This book focuses on fundamental aspects of reaction kinetics with an emphasis on mathematical methods for analyzing experimental data and interpreting results. It describes basic concepts of reaction kinetics, parameters for measuring the progress of chemical reactions, variables that affect reaction rates, and ideal reactor performance. Mathematical methods for determining reaction kinetic parameters are described in detail with the help of real-world examples and fully-worked step-by-step solutions. Both analytical and numerical solutions are exemplified.
The book begins with an introduction to the basic concepts of stoichiometry, thermodynamics, and chemical kinetics. This is followed by chapters featuring in-depth discussions of reaction kinetics; methods for studying irreversible reactions with one, two and three components; reversible reactions; and complex reactions. In the concluding chapters the author addresses reaction mechanisms, enzymatic reactions, data reconciliation, parameters, and examples of industrial reaction kinetics. Throughout the book industrial case studies are presented with step-by-step solutions, and further problems are provided at the end of each chapter.
- Takes a practical approach to chemical reaction kinetics basic concepts and methods
- Features numerous illustrative case studies based on the author’s extensive experience in the industry
- Provides essential information for chemical and process engineers, catalysis researchers, and professionals involved in developing kinetic models
- Functions as a student textbook on the basic principles of chemical kinetics for homogeneous catalysis
- Describes mathematical methods to determine reaction kinetic parameters with the help of industrial case studies, examples, and step-by-step solutions
Chemical Reaction Kinetics is a valuable working resource for academic researchers, scientists, engineers, and catalyst manufacturers interested in kinetic modeling, parameter estimation, catalyst evaluation, process development, reactor modeling, and process simulation. It is also an ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate-level courses in chemical kinetics, homogeneous catalysis, chemical reaction engineering, and petrochemical engineering, biotechnology.
Available rights (32)
|Afrikaans||World||All||Available||View on Rightsdesk|
|Albanian||World||All||Available||View on Rightsdesk|
|Arabic||World||All||Available||View on Rightsdesk|
|Armenian||World||All||Available||View on Rightsdesk|
|Azerbaijani||World||All||Available||View on Rightsdesk|