|Mohrbooks Literary Agency|
|Public Affairs (2019-05-21)|
|Self-help, personal development & practical advice|
A Grown Woman's Guide to Getting Your Sh*t together
Think of BOSSED UP as a career and life advice book for the Sarah Knight audience. It's a candid, refreshing guide for young women to take with them as they go on to run the world. Emilie Aries shows women how to own their power, know their worth, and design their career and life to be successful, have fun along the way, and avoid burnout.
Young women today face uncertain job markets, the pressure to ascend at all costs, and a fear of burning out. But the landscape is changing and women are taking an assertive role in shaping our careers and lives, while investing more and more in our community of support.
Bossed Up teaches you how to:
- Break out of the "martyrdom mindset," and cultivate your Boss Identity by getting clear on what you really want for your career and life without apology
- Hone the self-advocacy skills necessary for success
- Understand the differences between being assertive (which is part of being a leader) and being aggressive (which is more like being a bully) and how that clarity can transform your trajectory
- Beat burnout by identifying how the warning signs may be showing up in your life and how to prioritize bringing more rest, purpose, agency, and community to your day-to-day life;
- Unpack the steps to cultivating something more than just confidence: a boss identity, which will establish your ability to be the boss of your life no matter what comes your way.
Drawing from timely research, and with personal stories and spotlights on a diverse group of women from the Bossed Up community, this book will show young women how to craft a happy, healthy, and sustainable career path they'll love.
Emilie Aries is an award-winning speaker, podcaster, writer, and the Founder and CEO of Bossed Up, an innovative personal and professional training organization that helps women craft sustainable careers. She is the current host of the popular podcast, Bossed Up, and former co-host of Stuff Mom Never Told You, the feminist podcast by HowStuffWorks that reached nearly 2 million listeners each month. Previously, Emilie served on national political campaigns as an organizer and digital strategist. She earned her B.A. in Political Science from Brown University and completed a Fellowship on Organizing at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Emilie splits her time between Denver, CO and Washington, DC.